Thursday 16 January 2014

They are kids too....Why not pray for them?

Facebook has become an integral part of our life today. No matter what, people are addicted to Facebook and although we do not have any notifications, messages and friend requests to check, we simply scroll down the home page and check the posts from our friends, groups and pages. As I happened to be seated idle for some time today (after a long time, I got that much time to be seated free), I opened by laptop and logged on to Facebook. After checking the notifications, I was simply scrolling down the home page when I noticed two different posts. This is when I observed something touchy and I felt I should write on it.

The first post that I saw was that of actor Emraan Hashmi's son Ayan who has been diagnosed with Cancer in the first stage. The image was posted for giving best wishes to the innocent kid and also urged people to pray for him. Since I love kids, it was obviously disturbing to see the picture. Ayan is a cute and cheerful kid and encountering a deadly disease like Cancer at such a tender age is the saddest thing that could happen to anyone. My hearty wishes for the child. I hope he gets well soon.

As I scrolled down further, I came across this picture! I don't know who posted it, or whether it is real. But, there are many such underprivileged children in the world who are physically handicapped, do no have parents or are the prey of child labour. As I saw both the posts, I noticed the difference! Both are kids, both are unwell and have severe health issues! But what makes Ayan luckier is that he has his loving star father, who can get him the best possible treatment even from abroad. But this child is left at his own mercy, just because he does not have star parents or parents at all!

 Although both the posts depict the pitiful condition of the two children, the entire country is praying for Ayan and this innocent child has no one to pray for or offer help. Today, we have updates on everything that happens to celebrities, but we don't know what happens to the children who are left to beg at the roadside. We Indians are more interested in fame and money; when a celebrity gets stomachache, it becomes a breaking news but so many people die out of hunger in Mumbai alone, forget India. Is that even a matter of concern for people? Children are stolen from hospitals and traded, tortured and forced to beg but no one cares. Neither the government, nor the media!

I do not mean to say Ayan should not be prayed for, my only question is if the entire world is praying for him, why the poor kids, who almost die of hunger, are neglected? Just because their parents aren't stars? Why not pray for them who really need prayers? It is a humble request guys, do whatever you can for these unlucky kids! We had parents to get us new clothes, games and food when we were their age. But they do not have anyone who can share this love and happiness with them. Since winters are on and many people, including children, sleep on footpaths every night, kindly donate a blanket that might not be much useful for you. It doesn't mean anything for us but it means a lot for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment